So, playing around on dating sites can be a task; if you feel like having some quick (I mean very short) conversations, try out Bumble's Speed Dating feature. It is fun and harmless (as long as you practice safety); here are a few things you need to know:
1. Timing is critical: Speed dating on Bumble lasts only two minutes, meaning you will have to make an impression quickly. So, make sure to have some conversation topics in mind beforehand. Most people ask about age, kids, and where you live, typical, but jazz it up if you want.
2. Be respectful. Although you may be in a hurry, treating each potential match respectfully and kindly is essential. Remember, they may not be interested in continuing the conversation, and that's okay.
3. Be open-minded. With speed dating, you can connect with many different people in a short amount of time. Keep an open mind and curate to your preferences, as you may miss out on a great connection.
4. Stay safe. As with any dating app, it is crucial to prioritize your safety. Avoid sharing personal information and always meet in a public place.
5. It's all about first impressions. Putting your best foot forward is essential since you only have a few minutes to make an impression. Make sure your profile is current with recent photos and a well-crafted bio. This will help you catch the attention of potential matches during the speed dating session.
6. Practice your elevator pitch. In such a short time, it's essential to be clear and concise about who you are and what you're looking for. Practice summarizing your interests, hobbies, and key attributes briefly and engagingly. This will help you make the most of your time during the speed dating session.
7. Prepare some icebreaker questions. To keep the conversation flowing smoothly during the speed dating session, it's helpful to have a few fun and light-hearted questions prepared. These can be about shared interests, travel experiences, or even something quirky, like asking about their favorite movie or childhood memory. Having a few questions ready will help you break the ice and keep the conversation interesting.
8. Follow up after the speed dating session. If you had a good connection with someone during the speed dating session, remember to follow up afterward. Bumble provides a chat function where you can continue the conversation and get to know each other better. This is an excellent opportunity to explore your compatibility further and see if there is potential for a deeper connection.
9. It's okay if it doesn't work out. Speed dating is about meeting new people and seeing if there's a spark. Not every connection will lead to a meaningful relationship, and that's perfectly fine. Please keep an open mind, enjoy the experience, and see it as a chance to practice your dating skills.
Try it if you are open to new conversations, potential matches, or need to connect with someone!
Good Luck out there,
Time to Dish:
Have you tried Bumble?
If so, what has your experience been like?
Have you tried Speed dating online/mobile?
Did you match? If so, did you meet IRL?